By using the Application, you can use our interactive platform to donate money to various Historically Black Colleges and Universities (collectively, the “Services”). Our Services allow you to open an account to participate that we will manage at your direction. We reserve the right to modify or change the Application or any of the Services, temporarily or permanently, with or without notice to you, and we are not obligated to support or update the Application or any Services. You acknowledge and agree that we shall not be liable to you or any third party in the event that we exercise our right to modify, change or discontinue the Site, the Application or any Services. IF YOU DECIDE TO OPEN AN ACCOUNT IN THE PROGRAM, YOU ARE ENTERING INTO AN I HEART MY HBCU USER AGREEMENT.
Promotions and Referrals
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com
What information do we collect?
- We collect information from you when you register on the site, make a donation, enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature.
- When donating or registering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, billing address, phone number, credit card information or other information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
- Like many websites, we use “cookies” to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the “Do we use ‘cookies’?” section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a donation, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, please refer to the “How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?” section below. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails.
How do we protect visitor information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you make donations or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
Do we use “cookies”?
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won’t have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting customer service.
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. The term “outside parties” does not include I Heart My HBCU, Inc. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
The Donor Card feature is used to supply donors with Donor Receipts for tax auditing purposes. We only share the information you provide on the donor card to your listed universities. This information may include full name, email address, physical address, school attended, class year, number of donations, and amount of donations. Providing this information is optional. However, without it we are unable to generate a donor receipt. If you have authorized to share your personal information to your alma mater they may send email and direct mail communications to you. You may opt-out of this 3rd-party communication from your alma mater. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mails from them, please refer to the “How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?” section below. If you have not opted-in to receive communication from your alma-mater, you will not receive donor receipts, e-mails, or direct mail.
Third party links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Changes to our policy
Questions and feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue.
Online Policy Only
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.